Selling a house can be a daunting task, especially if you’re not familiar with the process. If you’re a property owner in Montgomery County PA and are looking to sell your house, you may be wondering what steps you need to take to ensure a successful sale. The good news is that selling a house in Montgomery County PA is not as complicated as you might think. With the right knowledge and guidance, you can sell your property quickly and efficiently while getting the best possible price. In this guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about selling your house in Montgomery County PA, from preparing your home for sale to closing the deal. So whether you’re a first-time seller or an experienced homeowner, read on to learn how to sell your house in Montgomery County PA with ease.
But “What do I need to do to sell my house in Montgomery County“?
Here are some tips on how to get your home ready to sell if you’re looking for top dollar that the market will bear:
*NOTE: These instructions are if you’re looking to get full retail value for your house sale. However, if you don’t want to do the things below… or don’t have the time or money to do the things below… you can still sell your Montgomery County house fast for a fair value in a win-win sale that’ll save you time and expense.
1) Clean, clean and clean. When it comes to selling your house, presentation is everything. Even if your property is vacant, it’s important to keep it clean and tidy. A dusty or dirty home will leave a negative impression on potential buyers and could prevent them from making an offer.
If you’re not someone who is known for being a clean freak, it’s worth considering hiring someone to help you keep the property spotless until it sells. It might seem like an unnecessary expense, but it can make a big difference when it comes to attracting buyers.
If you’re the type of person who tends to be a bit messy, it might be a good idea to find somewhere else to live while you show your house. You could even consider swapping houses with a friend who is known for being super clean. Trust us, it’s worth the effort to keep everything immaculate. Buyers will feel more comfortable in your space, and that can make all the difference when it comes to closing a deal. After all, nothing stops people from buying faster than feeling grossed out.
2) Cultivate a cohesive, neutral style. You don’t have to paint everything off-white. In fact, some subtle colors can really help change the perception of spaces – for example, a soft yellow will help brighten up a dark kitchen, while a deep dark blue or green will help a bright bedroom to feel like a calm place to sleep (but be careful, dark colors will also make rooms feel small).
Spend the money to get high-quality paint and professional help. Subconsciously people will pay more money for a property with just the right colors and very neat lines – it makes the home feel better built, even though it’s just paint.
Optical illusions are real, and psychologists study this stuff. Don’t believe me?
Look it up. And don’t neglect the outside and just do the inside, or anything else that’s unbalanced.
3) Fix or replace anything that’s broken. Yeah, it might feel like a waste of money to spend an extra couple hundred bucks on a dishwasher that someone else might just pull out and replace again. But really, quite a few buyers will get a home inspection and use the opportunity to negotiate with you. As the seller, you’ll often end up paying more if you try to hide neglected maintenance from the purchaser – and of course you don’t want to be guilty of fraud.
Make sure you stay in compliance with all the laws.
It’s often a good use of money to hire a home inspector to come through before you put the property on the market. If you ask in advance, they’ll often charge you a tiny rate to come back after you’ve done a bunch of minor repairs and deliver you a clean bill of health. Prospective buyers love to see an independent report on the condition of the house – it makes them feel very comfortable with the purchase.
4) Make only necessary improvements. The biggest mistake people make when getting their house ready to sell is over-improving. They often spend too much money on customized frills that can’t be recovered in the sale.
Paint is about the only safe investment – it’s easy to overspend on almost everything else, and it’s easy to get ripped off by unscrupulous contractors.
It’s important to know what improvements will produce a return on investment to avoid wasting money.
5) Get expert opinions. It is recommended that you find a few reputable real estate brokers to help you with pricing your property. However, it is important to be honest with them about your intentions, especially if you plan to market the property on your own. It’s never a good idea to make enemies by being deceitful. While great brokers may be hard to come by, they can be incredibly valuable in helping you achieve the best possible outcome for your sale. These professionals can make more money for their clients than they earn themselves, which is why it’s worth investing in the right broker for your needs.
6) Have a really great marketing plan. Once again, it’s worth noting that great brokers earn their value by putting in the hard work and spreading advertising expenses across multiple clients. Starting from scratch on your own can be expensive and time-consuming, but if you happen to be a marketing expert, you may be ahead of the curve. By working with a reputable broker, you can benefit from their expertise and resources, which can help you sell your house faster and potentially for a higher price than you might be able to achieve on your own. In short, a good broker can be a valuable partner in your home-selling journey.
If you’re not, spend the time listening to what the best brokers do to sell houses in Montgomery County – just to educate yourself on the options.
7) Get a cash offer. We buy houses all over the Montgomery County area, and we do all the work so you don’t have to deal with any of this stuff.
Don’t Want To Do The Things Above Yourself? But Still Want To Sell Your Montgomery County PA House Fast?
Selling a house for its full retail value to an end buyer is what every seller wants. However, not everyone is able or willing to put in the effort required to achieve this goal. Repairs, cleaning, upgrading, and marketing the property are all essential steps that can consume a lot of time and money. Some homeowners may not have the financial means or the inclination to invest in these activities, while others may have time constraints that prevent them from doing so. This is where alternative options such as selling to a real estate investor or a cash buyer can come in handy.
Assuming you have the necessary funds and the patience to wait for 3-9 months to sell your house in the current market, then investing in repairs, upgrades, cleaning, and marketing can potentially yield higher financial returns than selling it at full retail value to an end buyer. However, if you are unable or unwilling to make these investments, there are still other options available to you.
If you don’t have the funds to do these things... AND can’t wait months to sell your house… then you may be a perfect fit for our local Montgomery County house buying service. You’ll submit basic info about your house over here on our website, we’ll evaluate your house, we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer on your house, and you can decide if it’s a fit for you.
Then we can close FAST (often times within 7 days) if you need us to.
Take a look at what we’ll pay you not to do anything versus the time, expense and hassle involved with doing it on your own.
So if you’re still asking “what do I need to do to sell my house in Montgomery County“… now you have 2 solid options.
- Fix the property up and get it all nice and ready with the steps above to sell it at top dollar
- Let us do all of the work and we’ll make you a cash offer on your house in AS-IS condition. This saves you time, money, and gets the hassle off of your hands.
If you need to sell a property near Montgomery County, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.